Tennis courts

Tennis courts | City of University Park, Texas

Online reservations highly recommended

Below is a list of the city’s five double tennis courts for recreational tennis. All courts have fiberglass practice boards and are lit for evening play. A push button switch located on the fence will activate the tennis court lights. A master timer allows the push button to activate only from dusk to 10 p.m. Once the switch is pressed, wait 5-10 minutes for the bulbs to heat up and fully illuminate the field. To report lighting problems or netting repairs, call the Parks and Recreation Department office at 214-987-5488.

Burleson Park – 3000 University @ Dublin

Caruth Park – 7801 Hillcrest Ave @ Caruth
Curtis Park – 3501 Lovers Lane @ Dickens
germany park – 6401 Lomo Alto @ University
Smith Park – 4000 Greenbrier@Pickwick


Tennis ball

Courts can be booked between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m. daily. For people wishing to play before 8am, the following courts have lights that must come on at 6am – Burleson Park, Caruth Park and Curtis Park. Early morning field play is available on a first-come, first-served basis only.

The City provides six pickleball courts at Williams Park (3801 University) for recreational play. The pickleball courts are lit for evening play. Land reservations can be made on RecTrac. Due to the nearby playground, parking near Williams Park can sometimes be difficult to find. Pickleball partners may want to share a ride.

For more information on how to play pickleball, click here.

By continuing, you acknowledge that you are the holder of the pass used to make this reservation.

Click here to reserve your tennis or pickleball court online. If you experience any problems with this system or have any questions, please call Kaylon Jackson at 214-987-5482.

  • The tennis courts are available only to University Park residents and their guests.
  • A tennis license is required to make a reservation.
  • Reservations can be made up to (2) days in advance, with a maximum lead time of 1.5 hours.
  • Tennis pass holders must have their permit card in their possession at all times when using a reserved court.
  • Instructors who teach on municipal courts must obtain an annual permit. (See below)

Courts will be monitored for abuse and violations of the tennis system. Failure to comply with these policies will result in the termination of your Tennis Pass.

For the full prescription, please click here.


You can renew your tennis license using our online system.

  • To renew online, you will use the SAME ID you use for court reservations.
  • Pass renewals can be found under “TO LOOK FOR” title at the top of the page.
  • If you need to add a tennis pass or change membership status, please contact us at 214-987-5488.

To renew your permit, click here.

New Passes
If you are buying a tennis pass for the first time, you can do so online at RecTrac. You must be a resident of University Park to obtain a tennis pass.

Fee Schedule

Instructor license
Tennis instructors, personal trainers and those who run sports or athletic clinics must now register annually with the Parks and Recreation Department. This permit must be with the instructor at all times during instruction in/or city facilities.


Annual Instructor Fee (All Instructors) $50 per year


For more information on obtaining an instructor license, click here.

For additional questions regarding reservations, permits, or to report lighting issues, please call the Parks and Recreation office at 214-987-5482.

Source link