Hello, neighbors! It’s me again, William Bornhoft, your host of the Minneapolis Daily.
Minneapolis City Council members Lisa Bender and Alondra Cano will no longer run, which means anyway, there will be at least two new faces on the board this next year.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day: Possible light rain overnight. High: 82 Low: 65.
Here are the best stories in Minneapolis today:
- Open races, new faces promise a new start for two seats on the Minneapolis City Council. (Minneapolis Star Tribune)
- Morgan Avenue tennis courts are rebuilt and open for play. (Press Releases Office)
- Man shot dead in North Minneapolis while citywide homicides reach 72. (CBS Minnesota)
- Minneapolis Partners With Media To disseminate information about the COVID-19 vaccine. (CBS Minnesota)
- The charges against the man are dropped charged with murder of a Minneapolis child since key witnesses were not available. (CBS Minnesota)
- Plea deal means no jail time for Minneapolis photographer accused of raping, terrorizing three women. (Minneapolis Star Tribune)
today Minneapolis Daily is brought to you by Newrez, one of the nation’s leading mortgage lenders. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to get in touch with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
Today in Minneapolis:
- Twin Day – Henry Senior High. (All day)
- Coronation of Retrouvailles – Lycée de l’Académie du Nord. (10:15 am)
- Minneapolis Parks and Recreation Council: “Join us for the Owamni Falling Water Festival on Saturday, October 9, 1 pm to 5 pm! This year the festival returns to Father Hennepin Bluff Park, and more activities have been added. (Facebook)
- Minneapolis Open Streets: “Are you wondering how you can help Open Streets Minneapolis: Lyndale?” Volunteer with us! We especially need volunteers for the assembly team, street ambassadors and the repair team! ” (Facebook)
- Minneapolis Convention Center: “We are thrilled to host the first Twin Cities Con! Comic Con fans will love the celebrity guest list.” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
You are now in the know and ready to start this Thursday. I’ll see you soon! If you notice these newsletters, consider engaging some of your friends and neighbors. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Guillaume Bornhoft
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Minneapolis Daily? You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.