The fountain was built in 1867 and was located at Clevedon Triangle. It was described at the time a "a handsome fountain built by public
subscription from whence flows a modest jet of pure water, welcome to thirsty visitors and heavy wayfarers." It was moved 30 years later to make way for the Queen Victoria Diamond Jubilee Clock, which also
incorporated a drinking fountain (and dog trough) in 1897. The fountain was moved to its current location at the junction of Victoria Road and Old Church Road around 1902. It has recently been restored to
its former glory by Clevedon Civic Society.